Paul has been a practicing attorney for 30 years. His experience includes litigation and a large amount of transactional work including contracts and business issues. Part of his area of specialty is in the area of real estate. He is the author of a chapter for the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education on the conversion of agricultural lands to non-agricultural, developed, usage. A significant portion of his practice is devoted to probate and estate planning issues, especially the planning for individuals with special needs. He has been a speaker for the Illinois State Bar Association on the issue of “conservation easements” and the forms he developed have been disseminated among practicing attorneys.
Evans obtained his Juris Doctorate from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale in 1988. Earlier he obtained his Bachelor of Science, at age of 20, from SIU-C. In addition to being a practicing lawyer for thirty years, he is also an Arbitrator for the St. Clair County Arbitration program, trained mediator, and an Arbitrator for FINRA, the Financial Regulatory Authority. He also obtained financial and insurance licenses in order to help his clients.
Paul is very active in the community and has served on the following organizations:
- O’Fallon Shiloh Chamber of Commerce – Immediate Past President
- Fontebella Maternity Home
- Charter Member O’Fallon Sunrise Rotary
- Founding Board Member Metro East Park and Recreation District
- Past School Board Member – St. Teresa Grade School
- Former Counsel to Parks and Conservation Entities
- Little Panther’s Junior Sports
- Early Childhood Education Foundation – Founding Past President
- SIU School of Law Alumni Association – Past President
- Ballot Integrity Coordinator for Southern Illinois – Illinois State Republican Party
- Past Precinct Committee Member
- Attorney for St. Clair County Republican Party
Paul is a former Illinois State Representative, serving in the General Assembly from 2011 to 2013 where he focused on financial reform, conservation and the rights of mentally and developmental disabled individuals. He has been married to his wife Sandy for 31 years and lives in O’Fallon with their three children.
Paul Evans looks forward to serving as your Circuit Judge for St. Clair County.